Woman being treated for smoke inhalation after fire in mobile home

Woman being treated for smoke inhalation after fire in mobile home

Articles Blog


firefighters say it’s asking for trouble using a stove to heat your home this morning that trouble became a reality for a woman in a Northside mobile home park her home near highway 281 and Thousand Oaks went up in flames katrina weber reports her attempt to keep warm also put other homes in jeopardy flames were barging through this mobile homes windows and walls when firefighters arrived here around 4:30 this morning the woman who lives here entered nearby neighbors though already had made it outside [Music] elissa Davis and her family lived next door here near highway 281 and Thousand Oaks and nearly slept through the fire that also was threatening them they only woke up when police officers kicked in their door to get them out firefighters meanwhile got to work battling the flames which they say came from the woman in this home using her stove to keep warm well anytime you have open flame in a structure it’s not a good idea we always advise residents against space heaters and using their stove obviously that woman was taken to a hospital after breathing in too much smoke after daylight it was clear that the fire took most of what was in her home and the home itself was destroyed but neighbors were allowed back in theirs while firefighters did manage to keep the fire from spreading there wasn’t much they could do about the heat it did cause some bubbling paint on homes and also melted the tail light on this car Davis says she’s glad her family escaped at all she gives credit to all those who risked their lives to save hers Katrina Weber KSAT 12 News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *